iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 Released: Top New Features and Supported Devices. The wait for iPhone users since June has come to an end and as of today (September 16) iOS 14 is released. This year was a first, and due to the corona virus outbreak, the new iOS version was offered to users before new iPhones. So, how to install iOS 14? What are the features of iOS 14? Here is the answer!
How to install iOS 14?
For users with iPhone 6S or newer iPhone models, all they have to do to install the iOS 14 update is to follow Settings> General> Software Update. After you see the update warning, you can start the update process by clicking ‘Download and Install’.
Devices receiving the update;
- iPhone SE 2
- iPhone 11
- 11 Pro
- 11 Pro Max
- XS Max
- 8 Plus
- 7 Plus
- 6S Plus
- iPod Touch 7th generation
iOS 14 features / innovations
Home screen widgets
- Widgets have received a completely new design and now show more useful information from applications. Moreover, you can add them to the home screen and choose the size and position in the interface yourself. There is also a Smart Stack function that combines up to ten widgets into one. It features intelligent display based on the time of day.
- Application library. iOS 14 automatically organizes all apps installed on iPhone, sorting them into categorized folders. They are located in a separate “Application Library”. The tool can replace several pages of the main screen with dozens of icons; there is a built-in search for quick interaction.
- Messages. In the Messages app, you can now pin up to nine important conversations, add a photo or emoji for a group chat, mention people and reply to a specific message in the chat. We’ve also expanded personalization for Memoji with age settings, face masks and over 20 new hairstyles and hats.
- Transfer. IOS 14 comes with the new Translation app preinstalled. This is a branded translator based on Apple technologies that supports 11 different languages, including Russian. “Translation” offers a conversation mode for free communication, can save selected phrases and works without an Internet connection if you download the required languages.
- Blitz applications. If you need to order food or buy a movie ticket, you no longer need to install the service application. IOS 14 introduces a new technology for blitz apps – this is an application fragment that appears when scanning a special code and helps to solve a specific problem. Blitz apps are lightweight, work via NFC tags and QR codes, and can be sent as a link.
- Siri. Apple’s Voice Assistant in iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 has learned how to send voice messages and has got an improved compact design that does not distract from current tasks. In addition, an expanded database has been announced, resulting in more accurate answers to complex questions and fewer searches.
- House. The HomeKit smart home app now offers automation options without the need for manual configuration. The user can define important areas of activity for CCTV cameras and set up face recognition by marks in the “Photos” application to receive notifications about the arrival of certain people. The adaptive lighting feature automatically adjusts the color temperature of smart bulbs that are compatible with HomeKit throughout the day.
- Safari. The browser is faster, has a built-in translator and is now generating an Internet privacy report. The report displays a list of tracking websites and trackers using personal data. Password checking has also been modernized: Safari in iOS 14 regularly checks user passwords with hacked ones and notifies them of the need to change them in case of compromise.
- Car keys. The function is available for vehicles using compatible NFC technology. Digital keys allow you to open and start the car using an iPhone and work autonomously for up to 5 hours after the iPhone is discharged.
- AirPods. With iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, AirPods will seamlessly switch between devices without the need to change settings. A number of new amenities have also been added, including low battery notifications, Spatial Audio mode with surround sound, and pairing two headphones to Apple TV.
- Default email clients and browsers. In iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, Apple allowed a third-party app to be installed as the default email client or browser.
- Other functions. Among other things, Apple has implemented several small and pleasant changes, including: a compact interface for calls and Siri, an accelerated Camera app, autoplay music without stopping, and a new main tab in Apple Music, an updated Game Center interface, goals for sleep duration in the Health app, new filtering and sorting options in the Photos app, noise removal for audio recordings in the Voice Recorder app.
iOS 14 Released: How to Download and Install iOS 14