Download iOS 14 Beta 7. iOS 14 Beta 7 Profile will be released next week. In our news, we explain how to download iOS 14 beta 7 and what’s new.
iOS 14 Beta 7 Release Date: September 8
The release of the final version of iOS 14 is getting closer – less than a month is left before its release. Therefore, each new test assembly is more stable and reliable than the previous one. The “seventh” beta is not much different from the final product, which the owners of “iPhones”, starting with “iPhone 6S” and ending with the new iPhone 11, can download in September.
The public beta 7, like the eighth development one, fixes errors of previous firmware and increases the speed of gadgets.
What new features does iOS 14 offer?
You can find the full list of innovations in our large review of the iOS 14 operating system.
The firmware will appear along with the new “iPhones” of 2019. We are talking about the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, two of which will receive triple cameras unique to iPhones in a not-so-pretty – and most agree – square module. The official presentation of the devices is expected on September 10 or 12.
As for the innovations in the public beta number 7 (and beta number 8 for developers), the main thing is to increase its reliability, fix security holes and more stable work of new functions. For example, dark mode is now even faster.
However, we did not notice any global innovations. Perhaps our readers will find them. Write in the comments.
By the way, most of the innovations in iOS developer beta 8 and public beta 7 will also be transferred to the new test build iPadOS 14 for iPad tablets.
Which iPhones will get iOS 14?
- Current iPhone XS (2018)
- Flagship iPhone XS Max (2018)
- Not so expensive but resistant iPhone XR (2018)
- Anniversary iPhone X (2017)
- One of the latest push-button iPhone 8 (2017)
- One of the last large-sized push-button iPhones, iPhone 8 Plus (2017)
- Still up-to-date iPhone 7 (2016)
- Its a large version of the iPhone 7 Plus (2016)
- IPod touch player (7th generation)
- But the iPhone 5S, iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus, alas, upgrade to iOS 14 will fail. Their support ends on iOS 12.4.1.
Do i need to install iOS 14 beta?
Once again, we warn our readers about the consequences of installing beta versions of operating systems. You may encounter unexpected problems, malfunctions of the iPhone, all kinds of glitches and even the loss of important data. Therefore, it’s better to wait for the final iOS 14 – everything will be fine there. Moreover, there is nothing left to tolerate.
If you wait completely unbearable, then before installing the beta firmware, be sure to backup the iPhone. How to do this, we have already told you. You can back up to iCloud storage by connecting to Wi-Fi. Or use the connection to a computer and iTunes.
And, yes, you should not install the beta version on your main device.
How to install public iOS 14 beta 7 and development beta 8?
If you previously used the beta version of iOS 14, then installing a new update will not be difficult. Just connect to Wi-Fi or 4G. The next firmware will download itself. You just need to go to “Settings”, then select “General” and go to “Software Update”. Beta will be there. You need to click “Download and Install.” Remember only that to install the iPhone battery must be half charged. It’s better to update generally by connecting the gadget to a power source.
Those who have never used test firmware before, and now, suddenly, decided on this, will first have to join the Apple development program if you download a beta for developers, or a regular beta program for everyone who wants it.
1) Launch the Safari browser on the iPhone, go to the official page for developers or for regular beta testers. We enter the program you need. All this is completely free. Just remember that, not being a developer, there is no point in downloading development beta – the public beta is much more stable and easier.
2) We go to the site under your Apple ID account.
3) Choose the registration point for new devices. We register those “iPhones” on which iOS 14 will be tested.
4) Download the profile for installing the beta version.
5) Then we go along the path “Settings” → “Basic” → “Profile”, confirm the installation of the previously downloaded beta tester profile. We agree with everything and reboot the device.
6) The last step is to go to “Settings”, then to “General” and to “Software Update”. There, find a new beta, download and install it. Everything! You can start enjoying the latest OS for smartphones.