iOS 15 beta profile download link. You can try the next version of iOS right now by installing the iOS 15 beta profile on your iPhone. Apple usually publishes beta software a few months before a new version of iOS is officially released. This means you can get new features before anyone else.
We’ll show you how to install iOS 15 public beta for free using Apple’s Beta Software. The same steps will work for installing the iPadOS 15 public beta on iPad.
Beta Software Warning
By its very nature, beta software is not yet complete. This means that it is likely to be less reliable, with more bugs than you are used to. Beta software can even cause data loss or battery drain on your iPhone.
If you need your iPhone to work perfectly – be it for work or family – you shouldn’t install beta software on it. Find a replacement iPhone to use with the iOS 14 public beta.
However, we’ll show you how to uninstall the iOS 14 public beta if you change your mind after installing it.
Public and beta software developer
There are two versions of iOS 14 beta available: public and developer. Apple typically releases beta to developers a couple of weeks before the public beta, which allows developers to customize their apps in preparation for public release.
Apple’s developer beta is only available to members of the iOS Developer Program.It costs $ 99 per year and includes access to analytics and testing tools, as well as the ability to release apps to the App Store.
If you don’t want to pay for the iOS Developer Program, Apple usually only releases the public beta a couple of weeks later. These releases go through Apple’s Beta Software program, which allows anyone to install beta software on their devices.
Most people don’t want to pay $ 99 a year to participate in the iOS Developer Program. Therefore, we will focus on how to install the iOS 14 public beta.
How to Install iOS 15 Beta Profile on Your iPhone
There are just three steps to install the iOS 15 beta on your iPhone. The whole process takes a couple of hours, depending on the amount of data on your iPhone and the speed of your internet connection.
Make sure your iPhone is fully charged and you have enough time before you start.
Step 1. Archive your iPhone backup
Every time you back up your iPhone, it erases the existing backup in order to create a new one. Any backups made with the iOS 15 public beta may not work if you switch back to iOS 14. To protect your data, you should archive your iOS 14 backup now so you can use it if you delete the iOS 15 public beta in the future.
When you archive a backup, it means your iPhone won’t delete it during the backup. If you don’t create an archived backup using iOS 14, you could lose all data from your iPhone if the iOS 15 public beta profile isn’t working as expected.
Use a computer with macOS Catalina or later or iTunes to create an archived backup:
- Open Finder or iTunes on your computer and select your iPhone in the sidebar. If prompted, unlock your iPhone and agree to trust this computer.
- Go to the General tab in Finder or the Summary tab in iTunes and select Back up all data on your iPhone. If you also want to keep passwords and confidential data, enable the Encrypt backup option and create a memorable password.
- Click “Backup Now” and wait for the backup to complete.
- When the backup is complete, click Manage Backups, then Control-click the newly created backup and select Archive. A padlock should appear next to the backup to indicate that it is archived.
Step 2. Register your iPhone with Apple Beta Software
To install the iOS 15 public beta, you must register your iPhone with Apple’s Beta Software. You can do this by installing the iOS 15 Beta Profile on your iPhone, which allows you to download the iOS 15 public beta as a software update.
First, you need to sign up for Apple’s beta testing program using your Apple ID. It’s completely free, unlike the iOS Developer Program, which gives you even earlier access to beta software.
To register and register your iPhone with Apple’s Beta Software:
- Visit beta.apple.com and sign up for the Apple Beta Software program using your Apple ID. Accept the terms and conditions to complete the registration process.
- Now open Safari on your iPhone and go to beta.apple.com/profile Click Load Profile and allow Safari to load the config profile.
- When the download is finished, open Settings and click on Profile Loaded to install the profile. Or go to Settings> General> Profile to view all downloaded profiles and install it from there.
- Follow the prompts to enter your password and restart your iPhone to complete the installation of the iOS 15 beta profile.
Step 3. Check for software updates to install iOS 15 Beta
All you have to do now is check for new software updates on your iPhone. With the iOS 15 beta profile installed, your iPhone should download the iOS 15 public beta as a software update.
Depending on your internet connection, downloading and installing the iPhone update may take several hours.
Make sure your iPhone is connected to Wi-Fi with lots of battery (or keep it connected), then:
- Go to Settings> General> Software Update.
- Wait for your iPhone to check for new updates.
- Click Download and Install to install the iOS 15 Public Beta on your iPhone.
How to remove the iOS 15 public beta from your iPhone
You might not want to leave the iOS 15 public beta on your iPhone if it’s too buggy or unreliable. After all, many third-party apps still need to release updates to run great on new software, plus Apple is still working on fixing its own software bugs.
If you want to uninstall the iOS 15 beta from your iPhone, you have two options.
Option 1. Delete the iOS 15 beta profile and wait for the update
The easiest way to remove the iOS 15 beta from your iPhone is to remove the beta profile from your settings. After you do that, your iPhone will stop looking for the iOS 15 beta to install and will instead install the next Apple 14 update to iOS 14.
To remove an iOS 15 Beta Software profile:
- Go to Settings> General> Profile and tap the iOS 15 Beta Software profile.
- Click Remove Profile, then enter your password and confirm that you want to remove it.
- Go to Settings> General> Software Update and check for new updates.
You may have to wait for Apple to release the new iOS 15 update for you to install it if it’s not there right now. Apple usually releases new updates every couple of weeks, so you don’t have to wait long.
Option 2. Erase iPhone using Recovery Mode
If you want to uninstall the iOS 15 beta immediately without waiting for Apple to release a new software update, your only option is to erase your iPhone using recovery mode.
Erasing your iPhone removes all content from it: photos, messages, apps, and more. If you followed the steps above, you will be able to restore the archived backup after erasing your iPhone to recover your lost data.
Unfortunately, this backup will not contain the data that you added to your iPhone after creating the backup. The only way to keep this data is to use the first deletion option above.
The steps to get into recovery mode differ depending on your specific iPhone, but they all involve connecting your iPhone to a computer with macOS Catalina or later, or iTunes. Follow these instructions to enter recovery mode on your iPhone. Then choose “Restore Your iPhone” when prompted in Finder or iTunes.
After restoring iPhone, choose to restore an archived backup in Finder or iTunes.