iOS 14.5 Beta 3 Download. There are basically two ways to install iOS 14.5 developer beta 3 profile on the iPhone or iPad. It is uncomplicated if you already have a paid (99 euros per year) developer account and install the latest version on your device via iTunes. The other method works through a configuration profile that allows you to install the iOS 14 beta directly from the iPhone. First, we describe the first way.
iOS 14 Beta Supported Devices
- iPhone SE 2020
- iPhone 11 Pro/11 Pro Max/11
- XS/XS Max
- 8/8 Plus
- 7/7 Plus
- 6s/6s Plus
- iPod touch (7th generation)
- iPad 5/6 generations
- Pro 12.9/11/10.5/9.7
- mini 4/5 generations
- Air 2/3 generations
Install iOS 14 beta with developer account in iTunes
If you already have developer access, installing the iOS 14 beta is relatively easy. To get access to the developer beta, you either have to have this access yourself or be part of an organization that has the appropriate accounts. If both options are out of the question for you, look for a person with such an account in your circle of acquaintances – and ask them to add you to their developer account. Your Apple ID remains unchanged. You will then receive an invitation by email and can log in to the developer area of the Apple website with your Apple ID.
Add your device’s UDID to the developer account.
The next step is to add the UDID of your device to the developer account. The UDID is a unique identification number of your model, which is primarily of importance for app developers. To find out, connect your device to iTunes and select your iPhone or the model you want. The serial number of the device appears there, with a click on it the UDID is displayed. Then copy this number. Now select “Certificates, IDs and Profiles” in the developer sidebar in iTunes and select the iPhone or iPad. Then click on the “+” sign and paste the previously copied UDID into the text field.
- Follow the link from the Safari browser to download the developer profile required to iOS 14.5 Beta 3 Download.
- Set the developer profile in the menu “Settings” → “General” → “Profile” (a reboot is required).
- After the reboot, go to the menu “Settings” → “General” → “Software Update” and start downloading iOS14 beta 1. In the first days after the release of iOS 14.5 beta 3, the download can be lengthy due to the large influx of people who want to install the update.
Download the IPSW File
Then visit the download section of Apple’s developer page at developer.apple.com/download/ and select the appropriate iOS firmware for your model. After downloading this IPSW file, you need to install it via iTunes. To do this, open the iTunes software, select your device and hold down the Shift key and click Update. Now you need to select and confirm the newly downloaded IPSW file – iOS14 beta setup is starting. Your device will now be set from scratch. If you want your data, media and apps to come back, you need to import them via backup.
Installation of the iOS 14 beta with a configuration profile
If you see yourself as a beginner, the installation directly via the device should be more interesting. If you have added the UDID to your developer access, you have to go to the following page: developer.apple.com/download/. There is a section called Configuration Profile, with a click on “Download” the configuration profile for iOS 14 is downloaded. Proceed as follows on your iPhone or iPad: “Settings> General> Software update”. If you are in the WLAN, you will now be offered the developer beta as an update.
- Installation of the iOS14 beta is currently only possible with a developer account
- Important: Be sure to create an iCloud backup beforehand
- Add the UDID of the device to the developer account and enter it in the iTunes sidebar
- Go to the download page at developer.apple.com/download/ and download the firmware
- Select iPhone or iPad in iTunes, hold down the Shift key and click on Update
- Select and confirm the downloaded IPSW file
- Alternatively, download the configuration profile from developer.apple.com/download/
- On the iPhone: Select “Settings> General> Software update”
- Download and install iOS 14beta directly from your iPhone or iPad